No Lockdown at Serenity Dental
We want to reassure you that your appointments at Serenity are able to go ahead in the coming weeks despite the Prime Minister's announcement yesterday regarding the 4-week lock down period.
Access to dental care will remain throughout the national lockdown (4 Nov – 2 Dec 2020)…….the public health measures announced by the PM on Saturday permit travel for healthcare which includes access to dental care. Chief Dental Officer, England
Since the last lockdown we have developed our operating policies for allowing people into the building so as not to cross contaminate and to correctly use the extensive PPE that we are now utilising. Many of you have already experienced the stringency with which the clinic is now controlled.
It is stated that when multiple infection control interventions are in place the risk of infection is at its lowest. The more obvious interventions we have in place are:
- The temperature checks and Covid-screening questionnaires when visiting the practice.
- The disinfection of all surfaces within the corridors and common touch points in the areas people travel through to the treatment rooms.
- The single-use PPE that we wear, in addition to that which we used to wear.
- Mask-wearing for all people coming into the building.
- Utilising high levels of air purification throughout the day. These air purifiers contain proven technology to eliminate airborne virus particles.
- Throughout the day the treatment rooms and common areas of the clinic are decontaminated with an antiviral mist or fog. This product has powerful anti-Covid-19 properties whilst being perfectly safe for humans to breathe in.
Whilst no clinical environment could ever be completely free of risk we feel that we have taken as many steps as we can to mitigate that risk. The decision to continue visiting the practice during the coming weeks is entirely your choice and this information is here to assist you with that choice. There is no right or wrong way to proceed and should you feel uncertain about visiting us, need help or advice please just pick up the phone and call us on 01329 230111 and we will support you in whatever way we can.
Here’s hoping that 2021 sees a return to some kind of normality for all of us.
Brett and the Serenity Team